Wednesday, November 2, 2011

The Half Century.

2nd November 2011

I was privileged to celebrate my 50th birthday in St. John's. I was horribly spoiled, Andre bought me an iPad. Its awesome.

It started as a wonderful day. Andre only had to be in later so we planned to stop for coffee at the Stavanger center on his way into the office and I would get the protective cover on my iPad and then bus back. As we were about to leave he was called out. These things happen so it was bye for now see you later. Then 15 mins later he walked back in! Our friend Morne had offered to go do the run for him so he could take me to breakfast!

So Stavanger breakfast and shopping was on again! What more could I want?

He had said he was taking me out to dinner but we were stopping at our friends Helen and Rob Griffiths for drinks first! So "tarted"and ready we set off. Only to discover Rob and Helen were hosting a dinner party for me with our other friends, Morne and Zoe Wijd , Laurie Du Pois  and Mike Hill.

Helen had balloons and streamers up in her entrance hall. The bar was adorned with "Pink Flamingo's" she had drawn and stuck up.

Dinner was an awesome Curry and desert was to die for. Helen had made a delicious cake and Zoe had brought Cheese Cake.

An spectacular evening with great friends.

Many thanks to my true love for planning it all.


Morne Andre, Alison and Mike (lt - rt)

Helen, Laurie, Zoe and Morne

Great evening with great people! Thanks all. 

Hug from Mike



Ron and Helen Griffiths.


Helens Cat is 19 and traveled from Africa!

Desert to die for! NNNNNyummmy!

No comments: